- Applicants seeking for admission into the MPH degree programme must have a first degree from a recognized university in the relevant field with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 point scale) or its equivalent. Those with GPA between 2.50 – 2.99 must have a work experience of not less than 4 years, or must have evidence of research capability through research publication in a peer-reviewed journal. Such applicants will be admitted on probationary status.
- Applicants are also expected to submit recommendation letters from previous university and employer, where applicable. Applicants are to request their former universities and employing organizations to send recommendations directly to the University Admissions Office.
- Non-English speaking students are required to demonstrate their ability to study in English by:
- Achievement of a minimum entry score on a recognized English proficiency best, such as TOEFL, IELTS, or the Michigan test.
- Applicants must have taken the following prerequisite courses at the undergraduate level:
- Human anatomy and physiology OR biology (3 semester credits)
- Human Nutrition (3 semester credits)
- Submit the application packet which includes:
- The application form
- A recent digital picture of the applicant
- Digital copies of the transcripts from the previous university transcripts and degrees
- Copy of the photo page of the applicant’s government-issued ID
- 2 recommendation letters (one from applicant’s former faculty and another from current/recent employer)
- Pay and submit proof of non-reimburseable application fee.
- Submit proof of English language proficiency, if applicant graduated from an institution where English was not the primary medium of instruction.
- Complete the eLearning Readiness Test
- Core courses: 22 credits
- Emphasis: 18 credits
- Electives: 3 credits
- Research: 3 credits
- Emphases offered: Environmental Health, Health Promotion, Nutrition, Community Development, Epidemiology
- Total credits for the MPH degree: 52
- Please contact the program director about the financial information.
- You can take the eLearning Readiness Test by clicking here.
- To apply for this program, please click here.
Professor Daniel Ganu
Associate Professor of Public Health
MPH Online Program Director,
Dean, School of Postgraduate Studies
Adventist University of Africa
Private Mail Bag, Mbagathi